Greetings from Moletemane! Had a terrible day yesterday for emotional and unrelated PC things but with a little bit of faith everything turned out perfect. I left Serowe around 11 with my fellow PCVs Tiphaine and Megan. We smoshed all our stuff in one truck. It was a miracle I tell you! Then we drove to Bobonong for a few hours, stopping only once for food. Once in Bobonong we waited for rides at the local hospital. We are still unsure if they planned on getting us or just remembered when we called them. I was told that morning that my furniture I inherited from another volunteer was not even there yet...that was a little upsetting I'll admit. Once in Bobonong though I was told that my furniture was actually there and would be traveling with me! That's when the man pointed behind me to my transport.... only a long hual truck the size of a semi...no biggie. So after another hour or so I climbed (quite literally) into this dusty truck and was on my way. At this point I was panicking about it getting dark because we are not supposed to travel in the dark! So when we stopped at the grocery store I flew in there like a mad woman and grabbed random things! I was in and out which is impressive for a Choppies grocery store. After that we were on our way, on a very dusty and bumpy dirt road. I feared for my eggs in my shopping bag! After stopping at a nearby clinic for some more missing furniture we arrived in Moletemane! Just in the nick of time too because the sun was starting to go down.
So before yesterday I was worried about not having furniture but once I saw my house I knew that the real problem would be fitting all my furniture into my tiny shoebox house! I mean I've seen dorm rooms bigger than my house! Lol no matter though because in the end everything, but a couple couches, fit perfectly. I don't need more than one couch anyway. I have electricity but no running water as I mentioned before. I have my handy dandy water filter for drinking water. My house consists of a small bedroom and a tiny kitchen. I have a stove but it hasn't been set up yet and my fridge is alive and well! I was fortunate in inheriting some cabinets and shelving for my kitchen. I also got a fan and microwave! Talk about luxurious! :) I'll need to go to Selibe Phikwe and finish up shopping for my necessities tomorrow! And maybe buy some more groceries that make a little more sense in my mad dash through Choppies lol!
Check out my humble little house below :)
Hola desde el pueblo de Moletemane en lo Botswana! Ayer fue terrible pero despues de un poco de fe todo salió bien! También estaba preocupado porque me vian diche que mis muebles todavía no vien llegado a mi casa! Mis dos compañeras y yo nos fuimos de Serowe como a las 11. Un milagro la verdad que todo pudimos meter a un una camioneta tan comun. Después de unas horas páramos a comer y después llegamos al pueblo de Bobonong. El señor que nos llevo nos dejó en el hospital donde esperamos una hora para que nos llevarán a nuestros pueblos. Todavia hasta este momento no estamos seguras si deberás ivan a ir por nosotros o si se acordaron cuando les hablamos! En fin llegaron por nosotras una hora despues. Cuando estábamos en el hospital me informaron que mis muebles estaban alli y me iba ir con ellos! El señor apunto atras de mi y digo que en esa camioneta me iba ir... Casualmente iban en una camioneta enorme donde también me iba ir yo! Por lo menos tenia rite verdad! Jajaj en fin me subi a la camioneta, como pude y nos fuimos. A esa hora ya se estaba siendo tarde y me estaba preocupando que se iba ser noche y no pudimos viajera por noche! Cuando llegamos a la tiendo de la comdia entre como el viento y compre lo mas rapido y básico por que no habia tiempo!
En camino llegamos a otra clínica donde tenían mas de mis muebles. Por fin como a las 6:45 de la tarde llegamos a Moletemane! Y antes de escurre!
Los vecinos ayudarnon meter mis mueblos a mi casa humilde y pequeña. Pero enserio, muy pequeña! Son dos cuartitos. Una cocina y un cuarta. Lo mas gracioso fue que segun yo muy preocupado de no tenir muebles y ni cabieron todos! Tuve que mandar dos sillones para tras. Pero pues para que quiero tantos. Lo bueno es que tengo muchos gabinetes para poner cosas. Mi estufa todavia no esta conectada pero mi refrigerador si! La casa tiene luz pero no agua. Pero afuera ay una pipa para la agua y también tengo mi filtro para filtrar la agua de beber! Tambien me dieron un microondas y un abanico! Wow que lujos! :D jaja Mañana ire las dos horas a Selibe Phikwe a comprar mas cosas para la casa y mas comido porque lo que compre no va durar ni el fin de semana! Ja
Miren mi casa humilde! :)
No comments:
Post a Comment