As you've probably already noticed via Facebook, there are a lot of farm animals in Botswana....like everywhere...and not necessarily on farms. Some of the daily sounds I hear every morning are cow bells. Literally bells attached to cows. They sorta just hang out every where and any where. Goats are a thing here too. They are just randomly all over.
So today, the Peace Corps offered an optional class on permagardening. Having killed every plant I've ever owned I decided to attend. Two things happened due to this experience:
1. I touched a whole lot of chicken fertilizer, so that was cool.
2. I decided that when I arrive to my permanent site I will not only have a functional garden but will also look into acquiring some kokos (chickens) and maybe some dipodi (goats) providing my parents throw down in my investment. Yup, I want to invest in some chickens and goats. Why is my life suddenly so awesome??
En español
Tal vez ya se an dado cuenta por Facebook que aqui en Botswana ay muchas vacas, chivos, etc. Animales del rancho. Estan donde quiera. Por la calle, en la escuela, etc. Andan sueltos y libres. Por lo regular las vacas tienen su campana por el cuello que toca cada vez que caminan.
Hoy el Peace Corps nos ofreció una clase en garden. Siendo alguien que a matado todos las plantas que a tenido decidi tomar la clase. Dos cosas pasaron:
1: Tome en mis manos mucha caca de gallina.
2: Decidi que cuándo me den mi casa permanente voy a plantar un garden y comprar unas gallinas. Tal vez tambien uno chivo o dos si mis papas me patrocinan! Ja! Que vida! :)
No comments:
Post a Comment