Saturday, 10 January 2015

Self Exploration, huh?

Self Exploration, huh? Jan 10th I am feeling very optimistic today. Earlier, as in like 10 minutes ago, I had sort of an epiphany. Peace Corps volunteers always talk about this finding themselves stuff that I never really understood. I mean I still don’t to be quite frank, but I think I may have started to understand it? To me I guees it means just learning things about yourself you didn’t know or in my case today remembering things about yourself you had forgotten. As I sat here lecturing my friend in America about how she can’t just up and leave the country with her student debt in limbo and with not a dime in her savings account I sort of had one of those moments were people realized they have turned into their parents as hard as they had tried not to. Eish! Talk about a nightmare right! WRONG. My parents are the most responsible and good people I know. I would love to be just like them one day and I already see so many of their qualities in me. However, there is one thing my parents and I never saw eye to eye on… and that my friends is what this afternoon a beautiful, wild soul I call my friend helped me remember. We only have one life and we should LIVE it. I have to be cliché but we must live life to the fullest. Sometimes enjoying the little things are more important than staying in and saving money. Sometimes taking the lower paying job is important if it is more enjoyable than the higher paying one. It was like the independent, naïve and optimist teen from the past made a quick come back to partner up with adult me who now knows there is a happy medium. I am more than willing to take this balancing act on as my life endeavor because in the end all us humans are looking for one thing: happiness. Friendly reminder that these views and opinions are mine and not that of Peace Corps etc etc… En Español! Me siento my optimista hoy. Hace unos momentos ese un descubrimiento personal que no me esperaba. Los Peace Corps voluntarios en derredor del mundo, y también mis amigos agua, siempre dicen que en sus servicios ay momentos donde “se encuentran a ellos mismos.” Realmente no lo entendió. Y realmente todavía no lo entiendo muy bien pero creo que estoy empezando a entender. Para me creo que significa aprendiendo cosas de nuestros ser que no sabíamos o en mi caso hoy, recordando cosas que se nos habían olvidado. Estaba yo aquí dando le una lectura a una amiga en America por teléfono de como no puede ir se a viajar el mundo cuando tiene deudo de la escuela que casi la ahoga y sin un centavo en la cuenta de ahorros. Pero al momento tuve unos de esos momentos cuando uno si da cuenta que se esta transformando en sus padres. Eish! Que terror verdad!? NO. Ninguno. Yo estaría muy feliz y agradecida se llego a ser como mis padres. Son las personas mas responsables y buenas que conozco. A este momento ya veo muchas de sus calidades en mi misma. Pero hasta ahorita todavía ay una cosa en que no vemos de ojo a ojo… y esto mis amigos me lo recuerdo un alma precioso, hermosa y fiera que estoy muy feliz de llamar me amiga. Esto es el caso de que solo tenemos una vida. La vida debe ser vivida! Y como dicen por ay, a lo máximo porque solo tenemos una, mi gente! A veces es mas importante salir y divertirnos en los placieres simples de la vida en lugar de quedar se en casa y aurora dinero. A veces es mas importante dejar los trastes para mas al rato y mejor ver la novela. A veces es mas importante tomar el empleo que paga menos dinero solo porque te gusta hacerlo mejor. Este momento fue como se la adolescente de hace anos regreso para combinar sus fuerzas con la adulta de hoy para hallar algo en medio donde la responsabilidad ya la aventura pueden ser compañeras. Mas que nunca estoy lista para tomar esta causa de balenciar las dos personas y deseos que son yo. Pero al fin del día todos estamos buscando lo mismo por diferentes caminos: la felicidad.

No comments:

Post a Comment